Canadian Kraft Paper offers a work environment that promotes diversity, embraces change, and encourages continuous growth and development for every team member. We offer a workplace where everyone plays an essential role in our success and where individual efforts are acknowledged. If you thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment, we want you to be a part of our Team!
We encourage innovation, growth and change in an open environment, and we believe in and practice sustainable forest management.
Effectively promoting a proactive and positive safety culture will be a top priority of the Safety Coordinator. Under the direction of the Safety Team Lead, the Safety Coordinator will develop, recommend and implement programs to maintain safe and healthy working conditions; promoting maximum protection against accidents, chemical releases, occupational health hazards, fire and damage to company property and equipment. The incumbent will coordinate policies and programs relating to safety, occupational health, security and loss prevention, in order to ensure regulatory compliance and achieve continual improvement. This position will work closely with Department Managers, the WPSH Committee and have direct interaction with all site employees and internal & external auditors.
• Post-secondary degree/diploma in Occupational Health & Safety will be considered an asset;
• Those registered or eligible to register as a Canadian Registered Safety Professional and working towards the designation may also be considered;
• A strong understanding of applicable provincial and federal Occupational Health & Safety Regulations and Legislation;
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role;
• Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office is required;
• Experience with HSE systems will be an asset to the position;
• Ability to provide root cause analysis and lead incident investigations will be required;
• Ability to evaluate, create and participate in Job Safety Analyis;
• Ability to assist employees with completing Job Hazard Assessments;
• Strong documentation and communication skills will be essential.
Living in The Pas
The Pas is one of the oldest and most striking settlements in Northern Manitoba. It is truly a place to call home for those that love the outdoors with an abundance of activities such as skiing, hiking, ATV and skidoo trails, camping, boating, hunting and fishing. In Manitoba, these are at their finest! Boasting one of the three true blue lakes in existence, Clearwater Lake’s raw, natural beauty attracts visitors from around the world.
Learn more from the website at www.townofthepas.com about the wonders of The Pas, where the Northern Lights shine year-round.
August 21, 2022
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity and being a part of our team, please submit your resume to