Canadian Kraft Paper offers a work environment that promotes diversity, embraces change, and encourages continuous growth and development for every team member. We offer a workplace where everyone plays an essential role in our success and where individual efforts are acknowledged. If you thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment, we want you to be a part of our Team!
We encourage innovation, growth and change in an open environment, and we believe in and practice sustainable forest management.
Reporting to the Maintenance & Engineering Manager, the Mechanical Engineer will work as part of a team to initiate and/or design and implement projects for changes or additions to the Mill assuring adequate and safe performance to improve the operation’s efficiency.
• Effectively communicate with project related departments and contractors for assignments and to resolve machining or quality issues;
• Maintains currency of developments within the engineering field and within pulp and paper manufacturing;
• Calculates the design of parts and materials to ensure installation safety while conforming to Government, Workers Compensation Board and Insurer’s standards, as a minimum;
• Approves vendor’s drawings, bills of materials and specifications;
• Sets inventory levels for new equipment and instructs area planner for changes;
• Utilizes computers to formulate and disseminate information;
• Responsible for following work practices established for ensuring employee health and safety and environmental protection;
• Approves purchases for services, materials, parts and equipment within signing authority for projects under his/her control.
• A Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering and eligibility to join the Association of Professional Engineers of the Province of Manitoba;
• Demonstrated focus on safety;
• Experience with Steam and Pressure Plant Act, Power Engineering, Hydraulic Systems, Pumps, Mechanical Vibration, Thermodynamics and Machine Design;
• Recognized leadership and project management skills;
• Exceptional written skills are mandatory, ensuring accurate record keeping, documentation and report writing;
• Interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a team environment;
• The successful applicant is required to be a self-starter with excellent organizational, problem solving, and must possess the ability to work with minimal supervision and changing priorities.
Canadian Kraft Paper offers competitive wages and a group benefits package that helps takes care of you and your family; including health, dental, life and AD&D insurance. Providing a company sponsored pension plan, is another way that we help provide a future for our employees. Canadian Kraft Paper understands that what defines a person is more than just their career; that’s why we support a work/life balance, so that you can live the life that makes you……YOU!
Living in The Pas
The Pas is one of the oldest and most striking settlements in Northern Manitoba. It is truly a place to call home for those that love the outdoors with an abundance of activities such as skiing, hiking, ATV and skidoo trails, camping, boating, hunting and fishing. In Manitoba, these are at their finest! Boasting one of the three true blue lakes in existence, Clearwater Lake’s raw, natural beauty attracts visitors from around the world.
Learn more from the website at www.townofthepas.com about the wonders of The Pas, where the Northern Lights shine year-round.
March 24, 2019
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity and being a part of our team, please submit your resume to