Canadian Kraft Paper offers a work environment that promotes diversity, embraces change, and encourages continuous growth and development for every team member. We offer a workplace where everyone plays an essential role in our success and where individual efforts are acknowledged. If you thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment, we want you to be a part of our Team!
We encourage innovation, growth and change in an open environment, and we believe in and practice sustainable forest management.
As part of the Human Resources Department and reporting to and working closely with the Human Resources Manager, the successful incumbent will be responsible for providing sound labour relations advice and guidance on the interpretation of the Collective Bargaining Agreements, Company policies, Employment Standards, and labour relation matters. The incumbent will be responsible to coordinate, administer, manage and implement a range of labour relations and human resources related functions.
THE LABOUR RELATIONS ADVISOR IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
• Building a positive labour relations environment between leadership teams and union partners that represent employees throughout the organization.
• Providing leadership and counsel to frontline leaders regarding the interpretation of Collective Agreements and all legislative requirements.
• Participating and supporting the collective bargaining process, and acts as the primary contact in the implementation of new collective agreements.
• Developing labour relations solutions that support business objectives and comply with legislation and collective agreements.
• Sourcing, recommending, coordinating and facilitating labour and/or leadership training sessions for groups or individuals as required, including the sourcing of funding opportunities.
• Providing coaching and mentoring to frontline leaders on labour relations matters including discipline and respectful workplace violations.
• Supporting the frontline leader in labour relations fact-finding and investigations.
• Managing the labour grievance and arbitration process.
• Preparing detailed reports and communication with respect to escalating labour relations matters providing recommendations to the Human Resources Manager.
• Providing reports on trend analysis with recommendations to the Human Resources Manager on a variety of Labour Relations and/or Human Resource related topics.
Degree / Diploma in Business Administration and/or Labour Relations or related field of study or equivalent management and/or union labour experience and training.
CHRP designation or equivalent; or willing to obtain within 2 years.
Demonstrated experience in labour relations in a senior capacity, minimum 5 years.
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with conflict resolution experience.
High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allows one to work effectively in a diverse environment.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office; including development of power point presentations, document formatting and the design of a variety of graphs and charts.
Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands.
High level of integrity and work ethic.
Living in The Pas
The Pas is one of the oldest and most striking settlements in Northern Manitoba. It is truly a place to call home for those that love the outdoors with an abundance of activities such as skiing, hiking, ATV and skidoo trails, camping, boating, hunting and fishing. In Manitoba, these are at their finest! Boasting one of the three true blue lakes in existence, Clearwater Lake’s raw, natural beauty attracts visitors from around the world.
Learn more from the website at www.townofthepas.com about the wonders of The Pas, where the Northern Lights shine year-round.
November 30, 2022
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity and being a part of our team, please submit your resume to